The Sutton Physical Activity Fund is a one-off funding programme, financed by Sutton Council and administered by Community Action Sutton.
The fund supports small and community focused projects that benefit Sutton residents and encourage groups and communities to be more physically active.
The panel are particularly interested in providing funding to cover set-up costs for projects which will be sustainable and self-sufficient long term. They will not provide ongoing funding for any projects - the project must show how it will be self-sustainable in the longer term.
Priority areas include encouraging the following groups to be more physically active:
Those from more economically deprived areas of the borough such as;
- South Beddington and Roundshaw
- St Helier East
- St Helier West
- Sutton Central
- Those from B.A.M.E communities
- Those with disabilities
- Those with long-term health conditions
- Women and girls
Who can apply?
- Voluntary and Community Groups and Organisations that benefit Sutton residents.
- Voluntary and Community Groups and Organisations that have established links with Sutton or who are a Sutton organisation.
- Organisations that support the most vulnerable members of Sutton’s communities.
How much you can apply for?
- There is a total of approximately £100,000 available to be awarded in 2023/24.
- We will accept microgrant applications up to £1k and grant applications up to £5,000. (Please note you will need to use a different application form for the Microgrants, see below)
Only one application per organisation will be accepted.
The amount awarded will be a one-off amount to help set-up a new physical activity project for targeted groups.
How to apply
It is important that you work through the checklist within the guidance before completing the Sutton Physical Activity Fund application form. The checklist has been designed to help you decide if the Sutton Physical Activity Fund is right for your organisation, before you submit an application.
Once you complete the checklist, then you can download and complete one of the application form.
This fund is now closed
Please send complete application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download documents below